Sunday, 16 March 2014

Waist loss but no weight loss...


High and lows but I'll keep it brief.  I have managed to put on a pound this week meaning I am now 11st 8lb (boooooo) but since I last measured my waist I've lost nearly two inches so my waist is now 34 inches.

If you remember back to my first ever post (A full analysis of my fat ass) you'll remember this little nugget of information:

"You have a higher risk of health problems if your waist size is:

  • more than 94cm (37 inches), if you're a man
  • more than 80cm (31.5 inches), if you're a woman
Your risk of health problems is even higher if your waist size is:


  • more than 102cm (40 inches), if you're a man
  • more than 88cm (34.5 inches), if you're a woman"
So at least now I have made it in to the 'second band' of risk - I don't want to celebrate too much but it is a milestone.  And very good news in a week where I've put on a pound.


Speaking of which, I'm not going to think too much about that one pound.  In the last seven days I've cycled, walked and been running three times so it's not like I need to feel guilty about sitting on my fat (slightly less fat than when I started) ass all week, and I haven't cheated on food either.  

A quick running update - my shins and ankles ache, my knee aches, my hip aches and I've managed to split the back of my ankle (it's as grim as it sounds) but fingers crossed if I keep doing my ankle exercises and carry on running gently I'll get there.  After all, come July I don't have a choice - there will be five miles to run in the mud so I'll just need to get a grip and carry on!

No comments:

Post a Comment